Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Regrets


© T. B. Jackson

I was left without words when I saw you today
In silence I fell, my thoughts taken away
The sound of your voice, the glint in your eyes
I just wanted to hold you, to love you tonight

It's been far too long yet time has stood still
Like in exile alone on the edge of a hill
No rhyme and no reason can explain it to me
Why it is that a love that's so pure cannot be

You know of my feelings, the truth cannot hide
As sure as a cork bobs its way on the tide
And I run from your sight, I know not what to do
But I cannot erase what is is real, what is true

The only regret I will take to my grave
If I meet with my maker, if ever I'm saved
Will be never knowing just what might have been
Had I opened my heart and allowed you within

No comments:

Post a Comment