Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cycles

© T. B. Jackson

Life and nature sing their songs
Their stories somehow intertwine
A cryptic mix of where we are
A glimpse inside our deep desires

A month ago I hid from sun
Now I seek it's warmth each day
A week ago I yearned for you
Now I avoid you like the plague

It's not that I no longer care
Nor that I have no love for you
But like a season on the change
One ends, another starts a-new

And this is life, it just goes on
As summer turns to autumn gold
And when new growth begins to sprout
I'll seek another's heart to hold

And though we may no longer be
As sunshine in the early morn
What we've had and where we've been
Will guide us through the winter long

As Mother Nature's cycle turns
When spring arrives I'm sure you'll see
When the beauty of the world is born
There'll be a time for you and me

No comments:

Post a Comment