Friday, February 1, 2013

Solitaire











© T B Jackson

Take me for a ride was her heart-felt plea
As across the solo seat I cast my leg
And with the rumble of the drags the silence broke
It mattered not what she asked or how she begged

For a hog to me was built for one
At least that's the way I desired it be
And while that wasn't the style I always rode
For many years it was how my life I had seen

On another day, maybe another time
I may have gladly taken her aboard
But time and life can deal a lowly hand
And leave a player down on his accord

So I ensured no other would take a part
When the customiser did play his hand
As he perused the list I had wilfully supplied
A solo seat was the highest of my demands

And as the days draw long I ride so free
The sunset has become my trusted friend
I know she'll direct me as I push along
Guiding me on until the very end

So when through the darkness you hear that primal growl
You'll know me by the apes that drag me along
But don't ask for a taste of the life I live
For on my sled there is room for a solitary one


2 comments: